Monday, September 1, 2008

"Non posso credere che non burro." "I can't believe it's not butter."

OK, I can believe it's not butter, but I can't believe we FINALLY have an internet connection at the house. A real, live internet connection. No more sitting at the bar stealing someone else's internet. I am sitting comfortably in the living room writing this post (and listening to thunder, but that's another story!).

We had a great visit with Beverley and Jack in Lucca over the weekend. Lucca is a beautiful town with an amazing old walled city in the centre. The old walled city is quite touristy, so the shops were a bit pricey, but the buildings are definitely worth seeing. I was pretty proud that we climbed two towers, since it was about 33C, and very humid.

We came home yesterday, but made a quick stop in Pisa on the way home. I had heard mixed reviews about it, but since it was only about 20 minutes out of our way, I have to say it was well worth it. Our plan was to be there early in the morning, but we didn't get there until mid-morning. By then it was already around 30C, and there was a 3 hour wait to climb the tower. Soooo... maybe another time. We got into the duomo (cathedral) for free, because it was Sunday and there was mass. But we had to stand at the back, and we couldn't take pictures.

Today we drove into Perugia to renew our rental car, and we found a rental agency that will hopefully be able to set us up with new digs as of the beginning of October.

I have posted some photos on facebook, so feel free to have a look at them. If you don't have a facebook profile, you can't comment on them, but you can comment on the blog by clicking "# Comments" underneath each post.

Photos - Arriving in Italy
Photos - In and around Migliano
Photos - Gubbio Sightseeing and car race
Photos - Lucca with Beverley and Jack
Photos - Pisa

No comments: