Wednesday, May 28, 2008

74 days to go

Well, I knew this blog wouldn't be updated much until we left, but I didn't really plan to leave it for 3 whole months!!
A lot has happened since I last posted - we got the basement room finished and Clarissa and Maiya have moved down there. It looks good, and I think they're pretty comfortable there - it's about 6 times the floor space they had in the computer room when they first arrived!!

The bathroom is still in progress, but the framing is done and we have an electrician coming in this afternoon to do his thing. Then we just need to find someone who can tile and drywall. Of course, we may have to do these jobs ourselves, and if that's the case, maybe we won't get any lights put in the room so no one can look too closely at our 'handy' work!

Mom and Clarissa starting weeding gardens and this got me started - I spent over 4 hours weeding yesterday (yes, we had that many weeds!!). There's still more to do, then we're going to have to dig up the garden next to the house to fix some drainage issues.

Boy Terry started to scrape some wood rot from one of the window sills yesterday only to discover that the entire sill was rotten! So our friendly neighbourhood window expert came over and told us that the window does not need to be replaced, but obviously the sill does. So he took a measurement and is going to bring us a piece of wood from his window shop. I love having such great friends and family who are willing to help slow people like us!

Finally, I've decided to take some time off work, and am finished as of Friday (about 2 days to go!) This will give me a chance to work on other things that need to be done before we go - and a good thing, because that list is growing daily!!

Take care, I'll post again soon(ish)

No comments: