Thursday, August 21, 2008

agosto 21º - "La cui gamba devo gobba per ottenere l'accesso a Internet?" "Whose leg do I have to hump to get Internet access?"

So, we have traded down - our BMW for a fiat punto, which are a dime a dozen here. And still no internet! Driving into town almost every day is getting tiring, and we have asked the landlords to PLEASE get us internet, or that we will have to look for something in town. Once we are in town, we can get rid of the car, which is an expense that we weren't planning on. Of course the fiat is much cheaper than the BMW, but it's not free. We even looked into buying a car, but it seems you can't do that unless you are a resident!
So much for this mini-update from the Bells, we'll talk again really soon, we hope!
Ciao!

3 comments:

tgail said...

Oh boy! I'm glad you are making the effort to keep us updated. Maybe you should threaten the landlord with the wrath of your relatives.... they understand that kind of thing in Italy..hahaha arrghhhh! They got me!

Are your Italian lessons helping with the communication?

Love from Mom

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you are having a great adventure :-) Love the posts.

Leanne :-)

Anonymous said...

Hello Bells! I'm thoroughly enjoying your European Adventure updates--keep them coming. I hope you get access to the internet soon. We've been in Italy and France in the heat of summer and can relate to the swelling of body parts(and I'm not talking about the 'fun bits')! Thank God for siestas and pools. Nicole is leaving for Europe tonight. She's spending a few days with Alayne and Daragh in London and then is off to Rome and Croatia. Seems a lot of our family is overseas. Once you're settled you should try and hook up with Alayne and Daragh. Take Care.
Ciao! Rosamaria