Friday, August 1, 2008

9 Days to go

I'm going to have to come up with some other way of naming posts after we hit zero.


We leave Victoria one week from tomorrow, and our to-do list still has some important things on it. A few big things have been checked off now, though. Meryck has finished all his pre-assignments and is now registered in all his grade 11 courses through correspondence. He's especially looking forward to doing PE this way! (I wish that had been an option when I was in high school)


Just sent off the deposit on the house in Umbria, and the owner sent us directions to the place. It seems that Migliano has 1 convenience store, 1 restaurant and 1 bar! But there is a bus to Marsciano, which looks to be about 11 km down the hill, and apparently there are many markets there. I'm hoping that the bus can take bikes, so I can bike down and ride up! (I don't want to shock my system with actual exercise!!)


So we have lots to do this long weekend. I think it's actually time to pack!
Happy BC Day everyone!

3 comments:

Tony said...

I've given a great deal of thought to your post naming system...at first I was thinking a countdown to your return...but that seems a little negative....perhaps a "Chapter" System is in order, this is like the prologue, and the trip can be divided into chapters like a novel....or perhaps a traditional topical title is in order....who knows, I'm sure you'll resolve this pressing issue with grace and style!

Terry Girl Bell said...

You have such faith in me! I hope I can live up to it.

Winer said...

SOOO exciting! You guys must be frantic and excited, all at once! RE: glasses...guess there's not much that can be done, really! Wear them on your trip? :)