Sunday, August 24, 2008

"Celebrare bene volte" "Celebrate good times!"

Two big events to celebrate today:
Buon compleanno to our goddaughter, Taylor. She's two years old today!
Felice anniversario to Terry Boy's mom and dad (Noni & Doots)

It's around 11:00am here and it's going to be a hot, sunny day, so we will have a lazy Sunday - reading and doing Italian lessons.

Yesterday we went to a town called Gubbio mostly because we thought it was a funny name, but also to see a play in a real Roman theatre. Unfortunately, there were no plays yesterday because there was a big road race going on. There were cars and drivers from all over Italy competing for "Trofeo Luigi Fagioli", (roughly translated as the Luigi Bean Trophy) and the town was crawling with tourists like us! Actually, it was pretty cool, and I'm sure we'll have another chance to see a play in a Roman Theatre. We did see the theatre, but it was much smaller than I imagined. I'll post pictures later.

We finally have internet in the house - at least temporarily. We wrote the landlords a nasty note telling them that we were going to have to look for other accommodations if we didn't get internet soon. So they came over the next day with a cellular modem. It's very slow and expensive. It is only to placate us until we get the high speed that was promised!

So we are not going to do much on the net other than check and reply to the odd email.

Once we have highspeed internet, we should be able to set up our old phone number again.. hopefully! And of course, I'll be able to post some more pictures.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are the coolest crazy family i know. one question, I see t's general ramblings (very entertaining), and Terry's food blog... but, where's Maggot's blog? I'm sure he must have something interesting to blog about if only "how the italian people react to my crazy family".
luv you all!
or at least... most of you.