Well, here we are - spending our last night in Canada at the Frost house. Teena (boy terry's sister) and her husband Frosty are in Kelowna with the kids, so we won't get a chance to say goodbye in person. Terr's mom and dad are here with us, and we had a nice goodbye dinner, then my mom stopped in to say goodbye too.
Everything came together in the last minutes today - the house is (mostly) clean, all our stuff is packed in the basement (mostly in boxes labeled "random keepers"), and our 4 suitcases and a duffle bag are in the truck ready to go.
We said goodbye to the dog, which made one of us a little teary (guess which one). Then we stopped at our god-daughter Taylor's 2nd birthday party where I got a little more teary... then it looked like it might spread, so we thought we better head out. Sorry to anyone that we didn't get a chance to say goodbye to. I have decided that good-byes suck!
It's about 13 hours til we take off, and we are in row 13 for both legs of our flight - I hope no one is superstitious!
We have booked a hotel room in Rome for the 12th, then we head to Perugia where we pick up a car and drive to Migliano di Marsciano. We'll keep the car for a week, and stock up on supplies. When it comes time to return the car, we should know our way around pretty well.
I'm not really sure when we'll get online - hopefully within a day or two of arriving. I'll post again soon. Take care everyone,
T, T & M
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Happy trails to you all ..Great blog site
have a great flight! the neighbourhood doesn't seem right without you already!
xx andrea, carson & nick
OK, I can finally open the blog..and now I am teary again...
I am having a glass of wine in honor of you all..teary
I miss you guys, and will pop by and see Kit tomorrow. I will dress her in my finest!!...so it begins :)
Write soon so we know yo are ok! Look forward to seeing if Meryck accually fits in the bed!
Love and Miss you all,
Lana
13 is a lucky number in Italy... no worries! :)
Good thing 13 is lucky, because we were all in row 13 on both flights here!
ding dong the Bells have arrived..or the ding dong Bells have arrived...oh it's so hard to translate to Italian! haha
I just read all your postings and I am so happy for you guys. I hope the weather cools off a bit for you! Judy xox
Post a Comment